Tuesday, September 23, 2008

About... Casey Marvin

Hi my name is Casey Marvin and I live in Portland Oregon. I grew up in southern California in a city called Chino. I started playing music when I was 10 and I am now 23 years of age. The very first band I was in was a band my friend Greg and I started in 1997 called F.O.G. (Followers of God). Shortly after we started the band we changed the name to God Stricken. We had a good run for a few years but then sadly broke up.

In the year 2002 I joined a band called Kraving Kansas. After my first show we changed the name to “The Acidic Front”. The front man of the acidic front, Nick, is now the new guitarist in the band Kutless. After playing in The Acidic Front I was determined to make it in the music industry. I kept playing and pushing myself to make it big. Over the years I have played with many musicians and have tried to put together several bands.
Needless to say, none of them worked out.

There were a couple of years in my life where I didn’t want to listen to the Lord and what He was trying to tell me. Those years were very difficult. I lived in my car for 3 weeks, showered in Wal-Mart bathrooms, had no money, struggled with depression and anxiety, and I became an insomniac. The list goes on. If you listen to the record you’ll be able to see or even feel some of the things I was feeling or had gone through during that time.

As soon as I wised up and gave my music to the Lord and said, “do whatever you need to do with me and my music God, it’s yours,” that’s when it seemed that doors started to fly open for me. I was given the chance to play guitar for the band Falling Up, which I did for a little while. Then God allowed me to make an amazing record. Now my dream of becoming a big rock star has changed a bit. All I would like to do is build a career while serving the Lord and blessing people with my music.

No comments: